The course starts on Thursday, September 17, 2020, at 12:15 PM on Zoom.
Please note the following about the coming special semester:
1. The lectures will be pre-recorded: this means that we kindly ask you to watch the videos of the course in advance. Here is the SWITCHTube channel of the course (but you find also the week-by-week links to the videos below).
2. On Thursdays at 12:15 PM, we will organize a 1h online Zoom session, with a review of the main points of the lecture of the week, followed by a quiz about this lecture (available in advance on the Moodle page). Zoom link for all these sessions: https://epfl.zoom.us/j/81680751479
3. On Fridays at 3:15 PM, online exercise sessions will be organized on Slack (updated October 25). Here is the link for Slack.
[NB: Official course schedule (in the highly unlikely eventuality that things come back to normal):
- Lectures on Thursday // 12:15-2:00 PM // room INM 202
- Exercise sessions on Friday // 3:15-5:00 PM // room INM 202]
mini-project 20% (+5% for the winning team)
Olivier Lévêque // LTHI // INR 132 // 021 693 81 12 // olivier.leveque#epfl.ch (first part of the course)
Nicolas Macris // LTHC // INR 134 // 021 693 81 14 // nicolas.macris#epfl.ch (second part of the course)
Antoine Bodin // LTHC // antoine.bodin#epfl.ch
Alireza Modirshanechi // LCN // AI 2101 // 021 695 52 44 // alireza.modirshanechi#epfl.ch
Adrien Vandenbroucque // IC master student // adrien.vandenbroucque#epfl.ch
- Geoffrey R. Grimmett, David R. Stirzaker, Probability and Random Processes, 3rd edition, Oxford University Press, 2001
- D. Levin, Y. Peres, E. Wilmer, Lecture Notes on Markov Chains and Mixing Times, 2nd edition, AMS, 2017