individual topics

individual topics

par Darlene Goldstein,
Nombre de réponses : 0

hello everyone -

I believe I have responded to all requests for an individual topic data set. It is possible that I have missed some emails, particularly if you did not specify your topic name as the SUBJECT of the email and only put it in the message. There are nearly 300 students in this course, so it's not impossible that I missed yours - if so, I apologize for the oversight.

If you have NOT already received your individual data set, please (re)send me an email with SUBJECT specifying the name of your chosen topic (logistic / GLM / survival / discrete / GWAS), and message content BLANK - ie, NO MESSAGE

I also take this opportunity to remind you that you should NOT discuss ANY ASPECT of your individual report with anyone other than ME. This includes, but is NOT limited to:

• whether you received a data set;
  • which data set you received;
  • how to read your data into R (or any other software you are using);
  • how to get your R Markdown file to work (or any other word / software / literate programming tool you are using);
  • how to analyze your data;
  • how to explain your analysis in your report;
  • external sources to use for help with your analysis and report;
  • ANY OTHER ASPECT pertaining to this project and your report.

'Discuss' includes but is NOT limited to: any verbal communication (formal or informal, such as talking during a coffee break), written communication (including text / email / chats / any social media communications / etc.), any form of electronic communication (written or video-conferencing).

In addition, please let me remind you that you should quote and reference any sources that you use. You must use YOUR OWN WORDS to explain everything that you are doing. For any material that even APPEARS to be copied, I will consider as PLAGIARISM / PLAGIAT and will report any suspect cases to the Vice Presidence for Academic Affairs (judicial division). 

Please refer to the warning on the course moodle site (22 April), and do not hesitate to ask me if you have ANY questions.

I hope that you are having fun working on your analyses !!

Best regards,

Darlene