NO CLASS TODAY + Individual report topic choice

NO CLASS TODAY + Individual report topic choice

by Darlene Goldstein -
Number of replies: 0
hello everyone -

I am not well today, so we will NOT have a class meeting. Also, there is NO LAB tomorrow.....

You may now select the topic for your individual report. To do so, please send me an EMAIL, where the SUBJECT IS YOUR TOPIC and the MESSAGE IS BLANK. Possible topics are:

• logistic regression
  • GLM other than logistic (Poisson regression)
  • survival analysis
  • discrete data analysis
  • GWAS [If you would like to do a GWAS, please see the videos for this week's lecture.]

So the email subject should be one of logistic / GLM / survival / discrete / GWAS.

If your email subject line is not EXACTLY one of these, I cannot guarantee that I will be able to get back to you with a data set (I am setting email filters).

In addition: If you have ALREADY sent me a message indicating your topic choice, YOU MUST SEND A NEW MESSAGE. If you do not send a new message (or if your message does not conform to these instructions), then I will not be able to send you the data for your analysis / report.

Topic-specific evaluation criteria are available on the course moodle page.

If you are doing a GWAS, your report is on a GWAS analysis. In order to assist with the R code, so you don't have to figure out a lot of specialized programming, there is a TUTORIAL article that will provide these details. However, your report needs to EXPLAIN what you are doing as well, including the REASONS for each step and CONCLUSIONS.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions, and I will respond to your topic emails with a data set for you to analyze (except for the GWAS, where data generation is provided by the tutorial).

Best regards,
Darlene