On successful completion of the Effective Teaching in Higher Education Programme, participants will be able to:
- design, implement and evaluate courses which meet the needs of learners,
- select and implement teaching and learning strategies appropriate to a given tertiary education context,
- design, analyse and assess learning outcomes,
- select, justify and employ a range of approaches to evaluation and assessment,
- select, justify and employ a wide range of digital technologies and media of appropriate to a given tertiary education context,
- engage in reflection and formulate plans of action for continuous improvement in teaching and learning,
- construct an evidence-based Professional Development Record that demonstrates a commitment to continuous improvement in tertiary teaching and learning.
The course consists of five compulsory modules, which provide an overview of key aspects of teaching and learning in higher education, and one elective module chosen by each participants.
Each module consists of a workshop, a preparatory task, pre-workshop readings and a formative assignment. A document in recognition of accomplishment for the Effetive Teaching in Higher Education Programme will be awarded to those who complete:
- Modules 1-5
- One of modules 6, 7 or a workshop from the current issues series
- The Professional Development Report Assignment