the course plans 4 weeks of VR hands-on and coding work in the IIG research facilities (2h/week) from weeks 5 to 8 of the semester. For this reason, the 1h of exercise from 12h to 13h is used for teaching in INF 213 from weeks 1 to 4 of the semester whereas there will be only 1h of lecture from 10h to 11h during the weeks 5 to 8 period.
TP organization depends upon registration number
Grading overview :
- 2 Quizzes on the course material, on weeks 7 and 13 : 10%
- one article study and follow-up chosen among a list provided at the end of the first week (16%), during weeks 2-4. The topic of the article will be the starting point of the short oral control on week 14. This is an individual assignment. We will continue to use the Turnitin moodle tool to assess potential plagiarism.
- 4 hands-on & coding during 2 hours practical work with 4 VR devices will be organized during the weeks 5-8 ; your presence is graded (4%) and the gained experience is evaluated with the short oral control on week 14.
- 1 programming assignment: a real-time physically-based application with tracking done on their personal computer ; this year the project is to be done by groups of 2-3 persons (40%), during weeks 7-12, demo and project grading on week 13.
- 1 short individual oral control during week 14 (on the chosen paper + one random VR hands-on demo topic and general VR background concepts)) : 30%